Updated: Apr 26, 2021
The baby’s coming and it’s time to get to the hospital, this is not the time you want to be worrying about what you will need when you’re there! For this reason, it’s important to plan ahead and prepare a bag you can grab and take with you. It’s suggested by Pampers (2020), that you should pack your hospital bag at about 36 weeks, just in case the baby comes early.
Although you’ll need things for the baby, such as nappies and clothes, it’s essential you don’t forget things that the mum-to-be will need. We’ve put together a list of things you will need, if you can think of anything we’ve missed, please let other readers know in the comments!
Hospital Bag Checklist:
· Pyjamas & dressing gown
· Underwear (enough for a few days & multiple changes!)
· Something comfortable to wear in the day
· Nursing bras
· Change of clothes
· Toothbrush & toothpaste
· Face & body wash
· Shampoo & conditioner
· Moisturiser & stretch mark oil
· Hairbrush & ties
· Face & baby wipes
· Makeup & lip balm
· Birth plan & documents
· Eye mask & ear plugs
· Maternity pads
· Contact lenses and/or glasses
· Breast pads
Extras that people forget:
· Hair dryer
· Flannel- to dampen and put on your forehead (a cold spray is also great to cool you down)
· Nipple cream
· Headphones- calming music or a podcast can be perfect to relax you and pass the time
· Your own pillow
· Something for entertainment such as a book or tablet
· Snacks and drinks- it’s important you speak to your midwife about this one!
· Tens machine
· Intimate hygiene spray
· Phone charger- you’ll want a fully charged phone when it’s time to tell family and friends that the baby has arrived
· Compression socks
· A camera- although you may not look your best, this is a memory you will want to look back on, especially your first cuddle with the new baby!
Pregnancy Moon Box currently sell the Third Trimester Pregnancy Gift Box with eleven handpicked items, which include the Goodnight Mama Sleeping Mask and the Friendly Soap, perfect for getting the wash and rest you need after delivery. Find these here: www.pregnancymoonbox.com or find us on Etsy!